- Posted by: Andrea Gall
About the Role
Seeking an experienced and driven Events Coordinator, responsible for full coordination and execution of the HIMAA events schedule including related communications to deliver high quality, fit for purpose events for our members and stakeholders.
This role is advertised as 0.8 FTE (4-day per week), with hybrid working arrangement. There is a potential to convert the role to 1 FTE as the demand for events/webinars increases.
The Events Coordinator will coordinate, initiate, and organise the delivery of all HIMAA events, webinars and HIMAA’s annual national conference.
You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of high quality continuing professional development (CPD) webinars/events including delivering communication messages via various social media platforms.
One of the key requirements of your role includes developing partnerships with our events/conference sponsors and at the same time supporting our contracted external conference organiser for the full delivery of our annual national conference.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in leading and delivering online and face to face event logistics including scheduling promotions, hosting, supporting speakers, sponsor engagement, participant surveys and virtual event platforms with a relevant post-secondary qualification either in events management, communications, or other relevant qualifications. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification. In addition to your organisation, communication and engagement skills, you must be able to competently use systems and technology required for the role.
We are seeking someone who is highly organised and can work under pressure with a can-do-attitude. We are a small operational team and to be successful in this role, you will need to be flexible to changing situations and requirements of the role. There may be requirements to attend occasional events outside business hours and ability to travel interstate for HIMAA national or state events on occasion.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event coordination
- Demonstrated experience in event management, especially conference management and online professional development.
- Good understanding of membership-based associations or experience working for a not-for-profit organisation
- Strong social media experience and acumen.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills including the ability to write for different communication channels and different audiences.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft 365, Office Suite, WordPress and CRMs or membership management systems.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team.
- Highly organised and ability to work under pressure.
- Have a positive approach to change and possess professionalism.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and hybrid working arrangements
- Onsite parking
- Close to public transport
- Undertaking work that supports health professionals to positively impact the health and wellbeing of Australians
To apply please forward your covering letter and resume demonstrating your match to the key areas of responsibilities contained in the position description to email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday, 4 February 2024. Applications will be considered on a weekly basis as they are received.