- Posted by:
Senior ETL Developer – Biogrid Australia
- Full Time Fixed Term position
- Join a leading data organisation to support our virtual data platform
- Salary Packaging and option for flexible working arrangements
BioGrid Australia Ltd is a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Our members are health services, universities and research institutes that utilise this trusted virtual real-time national data linkage platform to conduct collaborative multi-site research. BioGrid specialises in real-time linkage of hospital-based and managed clinical treatment outcome, genomic, biospecimen and patient administration system data.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join the Systems and Database Administration team at BioGrid Australia to conduct extraction, transformation, curation and surfacing of complex data for research in the health sector. This is a Full Time Fixed Term position with the intention of renewal of contract at the end of the fixed term for a successful candidate.
Your new role:
- Design, develop, implement, document and monitor extraction, transform, load (ETL) procedures on client site research repository servers as required utilising SQL Server SSIS.
- Perform a range of data migration and manipulation activities in SQL and T-SQL including data analysis, data mapping, data modelling, data cleansing and data curation.
- Work with various data sources formats including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Develop quality relationships with BioGrid Australia stakeholders including hospital information technology departments and technical clinical research staff at client sites.
- You hold a relevant professional and/or tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Information Systems with five years’ work experience in ETL and database integration.
- You have experience in a wide range of software technologies including Microsoft Windows, MS SQL Server, and other relational database technologies.
- You have experience working in a health/biomedical science environment.
- You have strong interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate excellent organisational, problem solving, time management and prioritisation skills.
Benefit of working with The Royal Melbourne Hospital:
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including onsite staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- A values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs for full time staff (that’s an additional day off every month!), onsite car parking options.
- Close proximity to excellent cafes and eateries, public transport, and Melbourne CBD.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Find out more about BioGrid Australia https://www.biogrid.org.au/ and The Royal Melbourne Hospital https://www.thermh.org.au. If you have any questions or require more information, connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and, where applicable, Working With Children Check (WWCC). All RMH employees are required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine (mandatory for all clinical and or patient facing roles) prior to commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health's Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.