- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Management Services (HIMS) at Princess Alexandra Hospital are looking for an Advanced Coder Tertiary Casemix to join their team. HIMS is managed within Digital Health & Informatics by the Chief Information Officer and comprises five separate units that provide essential administrative services for the efficient functioning of Metro South Health hospitals.
<iframe width="562" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bJ76Hx1dYE0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- To accurately assign specific morbidity and procedural classifications to patient episodes to meet data reporting requirements of Queensland Health.
- The advanced coder is acknowledged as having high level clinical coding skills and knowledge, across a broad range of specialties in a tertiary setting, through extensive on the job experience.
- Undertake the clinical coding function:
- Abstract and verify information from the medical record in accordance with current industry requirements and standards within designated timeframes;
- Utilise information systems to assist in completion of coding e.g. 3M Codefinder, pathology, radiology, appointment scheduling; and
- Perform DRG grouping and revise to ensure accuracy.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE² values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online; please review the Role Description for more information on application process requirements. Agency referrals will not be accepted for this position.