- Posted by: HIMAA
- Fulltime leadership opportunity
- Supportive management team
- Central Parkville location & close to public transport
Are you a skilled people leader with excellent time management and problem-solving capabilities? Or are you looking to make the next move in your health information services careers? An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chief Health Information Manager to join our leadership team at Melbourne Private Hospital.
You will bring extensive clinical coding experience, competent decision-making skill as well as demonstrated people management experience to the role.
As a Chief Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Coding to meet set performance indicators
- Responsibility for coding and billing queries
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
Melbourne Private Hospital is a fully accredited tertiary facility with 122 beds, providing intensive care and cardiac services. The hospital has 4 theatres and 2 cath labs, which offer a board range of specialities including cardiac, neurosurgery, robotics, plastics, orthopaedics, urology, laparoscopic, colorectal, vascular and general surgery as well as neurosurgery. Specialised wards include 1 cardiac, 1 neurosurgery/vascular/orthopaedic wards, as well as a general ward. Melbourne Private Hospital also has a day procedure and chemotherapy ward.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent (desirable)
- Senior clinical coder experience
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Proven experience in clinical coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
Knowledge of private sector funding models
Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.
Applications close: 17th December 2023
For further enquiries: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.