- Posted by:
- Fulltime position based at Knox
- Supportive management team
- Lead your HIS team during a major and exciting hospital redevelopment
Are you a skilled people leader with excellent time management and problem solving capabilities? Or are you looking to make the next move in your health information services careers? An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chief Health Information Manager to join our leadership team at Knox Private Hospital.
The Chief Health Information Manager will work across three sites in our eastern catchment - Knox Private, Ringwood Private and Bellbird Private, however the role will be primarily situated at Knox Private Hospital. The Chief HIM is supported by a Deputy Chief HIM / Coding Manager and a team of nine HIMs and clinical coders and two Clinical Documentation Specialists.
You will bring extensive people management experience, competent decision making skill and recent operational health information experience to the role.
As a Chief Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and management of clerical, coding and clinical documentation teams.
- Management of the department's budget and labour
- Oversight of the coding program to meet KPIs and organisational needs
- Facilitation of the hospital's Clinical Indicator program through ACHS
- Statutory reporting
- Forms management
- Oversight of clinical coding audits, both internal and external
- Case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participation in the Healthscope off-site storage rationalisation project
Located in Wantirna, Knox Private Hospital is a 295 bed, fully accredited tertiary facility providing Emergency Services, Extensive Surgical Specialities, 20 bed ICU/CCU, Medical, and a full range of Cardiac Services including two 24-hour Cardiac Catheter Laboratories.
Our theatre complex has recently grown to 15 theatres including a Day Procedure Centre, Hybrid Theatre and supports a range of acute specialties including General, Endoscopy, Colorectal, Bariatric & Liver surgery, advanced laparoscopic procedures, Cardiac, Neuro, Orthopaedic, Plastic & Reconstructive surgery, Gynaecology, Urology, Vascular, ENT & Paediatric surgery.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Staff management experience
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Sound understanding of Clinical Coding and conventions used in Victoria
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Established Quality Management skills including ACHS Performance Indicators
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience in clinical coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care. Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for.
- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
- Discounted health insurance
- Continuous professional development, education & support provided to encourage growth
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications close: 7 September 2022
For further enquiries: Please contact
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.