- Posted by: Andrea Gall
There’s never been a better time to join Hunter New England Local Health District! This vacancy is eligible for a NSW Health Rural Health Incentive package of between $5000 - $10,000 per year in addition to award entitlements (paid on a pro-rata basis for part time employees). Apply now and enquire about an incentive package that will benefit you and your family.
Remuneration: $70,049 - $105,030 per annum + superannuation + Salary packaging (salary will be based on the applicant's relevant qualifications and experience)
Location: Manning Base Hospital
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 5, Administration Officer Level 6 or Health Manager Level 1
Hours Per Week: 38
About the role:
- We have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Clinical Coder with demonstrated accuracy, productivity rate and knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards to join our skilled team on full time basis.
- We code records for Manning, Wingham and Gloucester Hospitals.
- You will be coding patient records using the current version of ICD-10-AM in line with the Australian Coding Standards as well as correcting clinical coding errors, queries and quality indicators (PICQ), as directed.
Where you'll be working:
- This position will see you working on-site at Manning Base Hospital with a small team of dedicated Clinical Coders within the Clinical Information Department.
- On commencement you will be provided with a combination of face to face and online training as well as a sector new staff orientation program.
- Our Clinical Coders receive additional support from the District Coding Manager and we offer a Clinical Coding Career progression linked to remuneration to acknowledge/promote the Clinical Coder’s knowledge, skill, level of qualification and professional development.
- To find out more about your Clinical Coding Career within HNELHD, please follow this link, HNELHD_Guideline_23_03_Clinical_coding_competency.pdf (nsw.gov.au)
- Four weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Up to 13 allocated days off each year (for full-time employees)
- Superannuation contributions 10.5%
- Salary packaging - Up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing.
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
- Sustainable Healthcare: Together towards zero
HNELHD values its Clinical Coders and provides remuneration above the NSW award rates.
- Clinical Coder (Administration Officer Level 5) - Successful completion of a recognised ICD10-AM & ACHI and Australian Coding Standards coding qualification.
- Senior Clinical Coder (Administration Officer Level 6) - Successful completion of a recognized clinical coding course and willingness to undertake an Advanced qualification or have experience across a broad range of specialties.
- Senior Advanced Clinical Coder (Health Manager Level 1) - Successful completion of a recognized clinical coding course at an Advanced level or extensive experience across a broad range of specialties or relevant tertiary qualification in Health Information Management.
Each level has associated competencies and applicants will be assessed on these to determine the appropriate classification.
- Job share/ Part Time arrangements will be considered
- An eligibility list will be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
Need more information?
- Click here for the following Position Description:
- Find out more about applying for this position
- For role related queries or questions contact Donna Bell on Donna.Bell1@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: Wednesday 10th May 2023
Application link: https://bit.ly/3N3huLe