- Posted by: HIMAA
Brisbane Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team on a full time or part time basis. We are paper-based hospital so this role will involve working onsite.
Your excellent time management and organisational skills, along with considerable clinical coding experience will ensure your success in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Participate in case mix analysis, education and quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- HIMAA Certification in Clinical Coding or other recognised Clinical Coding course with experience in ICD-10-AM and ACHI according to ACS and National and State clinical coding advice and Queensland Health guidelines to meet data reporting requirements
- At least 1+ years clinical coding experience within a hospital setting
- Sound understanding of Codefinder and Turbocoder
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment