- Posted by:
Location: Location Negotiable Within Southern NSW Local Health District
Position Classification: Admin Off Lvl 6
Remuneration: $74,121.75 - $75,956.87 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ348295
Applications Close: 20 October 2022
Interview Details: Interviews to be held within 21 days of closing dateSouthern NSW Local Health District covers a large area of the southern half of NSW. Surrounding the ACT on three sides and all the way down to the Victorian border, it extends from the pristine beaches of the NSW South Coast, the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the picturesque Great Dividing Range and the spectacular Snowy Mountains. We have 18 facilities and our hospitals take care of more than 200,000 people. As we are a major local employer, our staff are a part of our local communities. To find out more on what it is like to live and work in Southern NSW LHD click here - We are Southern
What we offer:
• Flexible work arrangements
• Relocation assistance and short-term accommodation options considered
• Visa sponsorship for select roles
• Salary Packaging – up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing
• Corporate Health and Fitness program
• 10.5% Superannuation on top of your gross income
• Annual Leave Loading
Where you'll be working
To see what it is like to live and work in Southern NSW – click here: Imagine Rural - Southern NSW Local Health District
What you'll be doing
To provide accurate and timely clinical coding of admitted patient episodes of care using the current edition of ICD-10-AM classification system in accordance with SNSWLHD and NSW Ministry of Health requirements.
SNSWLHD is implementing a Digitized Medical Record and possibility of working remotely will be considered, dependent on the applicant's experience level.
- Successful completion of endorsed clinical coding course with evidence of participation in education for the current edition of ICD-10-AM.
- Minimum of 1 years clinical coding experience across a range of specialties and sound knowledge of Australian Coding Standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Casemix, Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) and Activity Based Management principles and an understanding of coded data quality initiatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of health information systems using clinical coding software and the use of MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to establish priorities to meet conflicting commitments/deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Evidence of a current unrestricted drivers’ licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays.
All NSW Health Category A workers are required to have received at least three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful. Category B positions must have at least two doses and must also provide COVID-19 vaccination evidence if sucessful.
Australian Work Rights
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Melissa McCahon on phone 0439 478 811 or email Melissa.McCahon@health.nsw.gov.au