- Posted by:
Mitcham Private Hospital is a fully accredited, 121-bed acute medical, surgical, maternity and mental health facility providing for the healthcare needs of Melbourne’s outer eastern communities. Our highly-skilled team of nursing and medical staff takes pride in developing a distinctive private hospital experience and a quality of care that is recognised by the community. Throughout our patients’ stay - from pre-admission to discharge - each patient is treated with the utmost respect and dignity. Our surgical area covers a wide range of specialties including Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, General Surgery, ENT, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Ophthalmology and Urology. We also have 21 bed adult mental health unit, providing both adult inpatient and outpatient programs.
About the Role
Mitcham Private Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Clinical Coder to join our Clinical Coding team on a permanent Part-Time basis (45 hours per fortnight). We are looking for someone with a commitment to high quality coded data, expanding services, an increasingly diverse case mix, auditing and training opportunities. We offer a flexible work environment and extensive support network of Health Information Managers, Clinical coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators.
We are committed to developing your coding skills and professional development is supported and encouraged.
- Recognised degree or qualification in ICD-10-AM coding
- Minimum 2 to 5 years hospital medical record coding experience covering a variety of specialties
- Experience in the use of 3M Codefinder software;
- Knowledge of health fund contracts and Australian Revised Diagnostic Related Groups (ARDRG);
- Sound IT skills
- Excellent organisational & communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise;
- Experience with Auditing
- Commitment to high standards of service through a continuous improvement focus
All applications must be lodged online. Applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Eranga Alwis, Director of Finance and Hospital Support Services (East Metro Network)