- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Clinical Coder– Healthe Care Group (full-time/ part time/casual)
Healthe Care Group invite applications from experienced clinical coders to join our HIS corporate team based in Glen Waverley.
Supporting our hospitals nationally to meet their coding and billing KPI’s, we offer a flexible work environment and supportive network of Health Information Managers, Clinical Coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists, and educators.
- Undertake accurate clinical coding by interpreting and abstracting relevant clinical information from medical records and other clinical information systems.
- Assign codes within the most current standards and guidelines of the current edition of the ICD-10-AM, ACHI and Australian Coding Standards (ACS).
- Analyse and verify that the required clinical documentation is present for each inpatient episode and where appropriate, follow up where insufficient detail is documented.
- Reviewing the DRG allocation to ensure the DRG allocated accurately reflects the episode’s resource intensity
- Be a team player, flexible and available at relatively short notice
- Engage and collaborate with the staff on site to achieve our targets.
- Have a Bachelor of Health Information Management, Cert IV in Clinical Classification or Diploma of clinical coding with extensive recent Clinical Coding experience (Minimum 2 years)
- Experience using TurboCoder or CodeFinder software
- Strong understanding of case mix and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- Work well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals across a large Organisation.
- Be open to feedback and take a pride in your quality and productivity
- Flexibility to work remotely or travel as required.
- Eligible for HIMAA registration
- Are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
Appointment of suitable applicants may be made prior to closing date.
Call today for a confidential discussion about working with us at the Healthe Care Group