- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16 ,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Hawkesbury District Health Service is a teaching hospital in Windsor NSW, providing acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding areas. We provide 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services. Our 131-bed healthcare facility is operated by St John of God Health Care and provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative Clinical Coder to join our team at Hawkesbury Hospital NSW. The successful applicant will be working in a small team in the Health Information Services Department.
You will be principally responsible for the coding of all inpatient discharges according to National Coding Standards, including public and private patients, and acute and subacute cases. This involves assigning diagnosis and procedure codes by extracting relevant information from the patient health record using the appropriate International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding system and standards.
This position will be offered on a permanent full time basis, working 38 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Minimum three years of recent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital, with evidence of meeting coding expectations.
- Completion of a suitable Clinical Cording qualification, such as successful completion of the ICD-10-AM coding course and/or completion of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Certificate IV in Clinical Classification, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of casemix and diagnosis related groups (DRG).
- Sound knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards and clinical coding issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated accurate and efficient keyboard, computer and data entry skills, including use of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational abilities.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of coding, and ability to meet hospital and Group KPI’s.
We can offer you the following:
- Salary $60,831 - $70,817 + 10.5% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $15,900 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Various corporate discounts & benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) available via the link Clinical Coder (HDHS) Group Services.pdf
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19, or meet the criteria for exemption, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries please contact Denise Miller on (02) 4560 5573