- Posted by:
- Interesting Casemix
- Join Deb Lane's supportive and collaborative Clinical Coding team at Sydney's Southwest Private Hospital
- Full-time position available
Sydney Southwest Private Hospital is a 98 bed, 7 operating theatres acute surgical hospital that serves the needs of the local community at Liverpool and surrounds. Services provided include (but not limited to) General & Surgical Day Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Maternity and Special Care Nursery facilities, Oncology Unit as well as a Mental Health Unit.
The Hospital is part of Healthscope, which is a publicly listed health service company that includes hospitals, pathology, radiology and medical clinics in every state and territory. Being part of the company allows opportunity for career progression and support that comes from being a large organisation.
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team
- Authority to Work in Australia
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 3 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG)
- Sound understanding of 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care. Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
- Discounted health insurance
- Continuous professional development, education & support provided to encourage growth
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Applications close: 22nd December, 2022
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment. Staff in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.