- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Permanent Full-time, Part-time, or casual
Bethesda Health Care, a values-based organisation with an enviable reputation, located on the gorgeous banks of the Derbarl Yerrigan (Swan River), is offering an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Part-time or Casual Clinical Coding professional to join the Finance & Support Services team.
You will have relevant qualifications, along with comprehensive knowledge of multidisciplinary medical terminology. Reporting to the Manager, Health Information, this role is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective coding of hospital admissions in line with national coding advice and rulings; as well as liaising with clinicians and external parties to ensure accurate documentation is maintained for patient medical services and comprehensive completion of clinical coding of episodes of care.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical coding experience
- Clinical Coding Certification from HIMAA or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of multidisciplinary medical terminology
- Ability to perform analytical tasks and solve problems, including excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Clinical coding classification applications and Microsoft Applications (Word and Excel)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Working knowledge of medical record procedures well regarded
- Understanding and knowledge of the small private hospital environment
- Experience maintaining strong working relationships with external key stakeholders
- Experience in auditing
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing professional development
- Access to parking and close to public transport
- Discounted staff meals
For further information and confidential enquiries, please contact Roselyn Field, Health Information Manager, on 9340 6375
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience in relation to the position along with an application form that can be found on our website to: email@example.com
To view the job description and learn more about the hospital, visit www.bethesda.org.au.
Please note that successful applicants will be contacted via phone or email. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an individual acknowledgement or feedback about your application if you are not shortlisted.
We reserve the right to close applications before the specified closing date.