- Posted by: Andrea Gall
- Supportive team environment
- Part time or Full time roles available
- National Capital Private Hospital - Canberra ACT (relocation assistance available for suitable applications)
National Capital Private Hospital is seeking an experienced clinical coder to join our team on a part or full time basis. In this fast paced and varied environment you will take pride in your work, have a friendly and positive work attitude and a commitment to timely and accurate coding.
This role would be suitable for someone dedicated to coding who enjoys working in a fast paced role and working in a great team!
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team
At National Capital Private Hospital we offer exceptional facilities and services with the very best in health care treatment.
Whether it’s providing 24 hour medical and nursing care for you or a meal for your partner in your room, you can rest assured that we will attend to your every need.
Our team of highly skilled staff will work with you to provide everything you need during your stay and after your discharge, from choice of doctors and treatment to working with your family and support groups to develop an effective care pathway to recovery.
Our staff provide the highest standards of care for our patients, from the moment they enter our hospital, all patients receive the best possible care.
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 2 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG)
- Sound understanding of 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment
We care about your career at Healthscope.
No matter where you go within our community of care, you’ll be supported by great team leaders, be part of strong, innovative teams who always strive for better and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
We are the largest national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia. But why does that matter? Our team is made up of over 19,000 highly experienced people working across a range of roles and specialisations. Supported by some of the best doctors in Australia, we come together to strive for better, sharing learnings, supporting each other, celebrating successes and facing challenges together.
Joining us opens the door to endless opportunities. We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development, specialisation and education, and support our people to grow and flourish.
Applications close: 18th May 2023
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com