- Posted by:
Southern NSW Local Health District
- Manage the design, implementation and monitoring of audit and risk management initiatives to reduce clinical documentation vulnerabilities and ensure compliance with coding standards through visible structured planning.
- Identify, analyse, synthesise and report on coding data, trends and metrics to deliver improved clinical coding results which meet or exceed KPIs.
- Use listening, influence and collaboration to understand, create synergy and bridge the knowledge gap between the information recorded by clinical workforce and how this is interpreted and coded.
Manage, develop and deliver education, frameworks and resources to build capability in clinicians and coders within the District.
- Provide authoritative expert advice, information, subject matter expertise and guidance to clinical and coding staff and managers to resolve complex coding queries and assignment conflicts, support the discharge of clinical record keeping and coding responsibilities and promote best practice.
- Lead, plan and deliver internal coding meetings which nurture and support participants, encouraging a culture of respectful and open discussion and represent the organisation on external clinical coding/leadership group/s.
- Foster positive relationships with external clinical coding services to continually extend, improve and innovate the overall services provided in line with current trends and best practice.