- Posted by:
The Bays Healthcare Group is a progressive, not-for-profit organisation that operates The Bays Hospital in Mornington, and The Bays Aged Care and Dialysis Unit in Hastings. We are also soon to commence building a Comprehensive Cancer Centre on Main Street, Mornington.
The Bays has served our community for over 90 years and has a reputation for excellence in providing quality healthcare throughout the Mornington Peninsula.
We align ourselves with our ICARE values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence and our patients and residents are at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Coder/Health Information Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Health Information Services Manager, the role will be responsible for timely and accurate clinical coding and related data for The Bays Hospital in accordance with all relevant legislation and standards.
We are looking for a motivated individual with relevant qualifications and experience who is committed to continuing professional development and learning.
This is a permanent part-time role of 64 hours per fortnight and we can offer flexibility with hours/days. The role is based onsite at The Bays Hospital on Main Street, Mornington.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- A recognised Clinical Coding/Health Information Manager qualification
- Recent relevant experience within a similar role with varied casemix
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and customer service
- Excellent communication and time management skills
In addition to working for a local employer who can offer secure and flexible employment, The Bays has excellent benefits for employees including:
- A friendly and supportive team
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage) - up to $18,550 per year
- Free on-site parking and a short stroll to Main Street
- Education and Development Opportunities
- Staff discounted meals, on-site café and great coffee
- Discounted hospital charges for staff and their immediate family members
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flu vaccination program
- Employee referral program - $1,000 if you refer a friend
- Parental leave policy - 10 weeks paid or 20 weeks at half pay
- Ability to purchase additional leave - up to 4 weeks per year
- Study/examination leave
- Family violence leave
- Transition to Retirement options
- Avoid the city commute by working on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula
You can view the position description on our website: https://www.thebays.com.au/join-our-team/current-positions/
To apply click on the SEEK APPLY button above.
Please note a current and satisfactory police check and working with children check (employee) is required prior to commencement along with a record of mandatory vaccinations.
The Bays Healthcare Group is unable to provide sponsorship and all candidates must have full working rights in Australia.