- Posted by: Andrea Gall
TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
Heath Infromation Manager/Clinical Coder
- Part time 28 hours a fortnight
About GV Health
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site, which comprises of a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expansion of our current theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state of-the-art Dialysis Unit and an extension of the current Emergency Department.
If you would like to take a virtual tour of the Shepparton campus please click here. To find our more information about GV Health you can visit http://www.gvhealth.org.au/
About the role
In this role the HIM/Clinical Coder is primarily responsible for coding episodes of care in accordance with set Australian Coding Standards and other published internal and external coding advice. This position also performs other administrative support tasks to ensure an efficient, effective and accurate clinical coding at GV Health. Opportunities exist for additional responsibilities dependant on the specific interests of the Coder. They must ensure a highly confidential health record service is provided to clients/patients of Goulburn Valley Health. These responsibilities are shared with other members of the Health Information Service. This position, among others, is responsible for promoting GV Health as a quality regional health service provider. The HIM/Clinical Coder reports directly to the Coding Manager within the Health Information Service team.
We are looking for
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Health Information Management, eligibility for membership of Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or a recognised qualification in Clinical Coding
- Previous Coding experience with proven high quality coding skills and an excellent knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards
- Ability to priorities and manage own workload according to pre-determined allocations
- Possess effective interpersonal, consommunication (verbal and written), time management, planning and organizational skills.
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications close: 11 April 2023
For further information please contact: Karlie Smith 03 48044075
Vaccination against COVID-19 and Influenza (where mandated) is a mandatory requirement for this role.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory police check and Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.