- Posted by:
An exciting opportunity exists for suitably qualified clinical coders to join our expanding team in permanent roles. Ideally we’d like you to work full time, although we can consider part time (minimum 24 hours per week). If successful, you would be based at either Dandenong Hospital or Monash Medical Centre, Clayton and have the flexibility to work remotely.
To be successful in this position
On a personal level you:
- Have a keen interest in a career in clinical coding and a passion for learning and ongoing development of coding and associated skills
- Are looking for the variety and challenge that comes from a diverse Casemix
- Thrive working with a dedicated self-managed team within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
You must have:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or Clinical Coder qualification and eligible for HIMAA registration
- Ability to work both in an unsupervised self-directed environment and within a self-managed team
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply
- Relevant computer technical skills applicable to Clinical Coding Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Previous coding experience in a health facility
Applicants will be required to complete a coding test to assess coding competency as a component of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered. Follow link on this website to APPLY and see the full Position Description.