- Posted by:
Defence Health provides great value private health insurance and outstanding service to support Australian Defence Force veterans, the families of those who currently defend our country, and the wider Defence community. As a not-for-profit fund we are for members, not shareholders.
In the Defence Health family, we live by our values of trust, respect, ownership, excellence, and community. Our values define us. They underpin our inclusive workplace, where we celebrate the diversity each of us brings to work every day. A workplace where everyone feels valued and recognised for their achievements, unique perspectives, and talents. Where you’re encouraged to excel.
We’re united in our purpose to protect the health of those who protect our country.
We focus on keeping our people engaged and supported in a high-performance culture. Engagement was rated at 89% in the 2021 employee survey and 98% of our people said they believe in our values. A highly engaged and motivated team helps us retain fantastic people – and deliver a great member experience. But don’t just take our word for it – Defence Health has been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the 2018, 2019 2020 and 2021 Australian Business Awards.
Our promise to our own people is the same as our promise to members. We look after our own.
Find out more at www.defencehealth.com.au
About the Role
As the Clinical Coder, you will be responsible for protecting member interests and that of the organisation by drawing on hospital billing and coding/grouping experience, navigating hospital contracts, and using clinical expertise to identify anomalies in hospital and medical claims billing to ensure fund benefit payments meet necessary rules and requirements.
You’re motivated to exceed expectations and conquer new challenges. You’re driven to achieve excellence for those you work for – and those you work with.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field (desirable)
- Minimum 3 years of Hospital and/or health fund coding experience
- Understanding of Codefinder, Turbocoder or Turbogrouper software
- Knowledge of EPM and per Diem funding models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to conduct thorough investigations and analysis, and make recommendations
- Maintain good working relationships with both internal and external providers
- Strong customer service focus
We provide a supportive work environment where your voice will be heard.
The work you do is a vital contribution towards a common goal and by working with us we will help you to reach your potential. We focus on internal development and look for ways to help our people grow.
The business is led by ethical and respected role models. They understand the importance of flexibility, your wellbeing and how they impact the work you do. They take a genuine interest in your motivation, your career development, and engagement at work.
We care about your engagement and our active wellbeing strategy focuses on your physical and emotional health, career satisfaction, financial security and social connectedness.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that offers a great work/life balance, high engagement and a vibrant and inclusive culture.
Your contribution to our organisation will be recognised with competitive remuneration, training and development opportunities, and a range of incentives, such as:
- Employer-funded private health insurance
- Access to quality leadership and coaching
- Flexible work arrangements (hybrid approach with home and in-office)
- Bi-monthly performance recognition program
- Strong focus on health and wellbeing; with regular free initiatives and team days
- Additional day of wellbeing leave each year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friday night drinks
- ... and the list goes on!!