- Posted by: Andrea Gall
- Flexible hours
- Excellent benefits including Salary Packaging + Novated Car Leasing + Employee Assistance Program
- Great work location - only 1 1/2 hrs from Melbourne and 20 mins to fantastic beaches
- Short-term accommodation options may be available to assist with relocation at a reduced cost
Gippsland Southern Health Service (GSHS) is a major provider of healthcare in the South Gippsland Shire. GSHS offers a broad range of services that meet the needs of a diverse and sparsely populated area. With two main acute facilities based at Leongatha and Korumburra, GSHS offers a broad range of specialist, general, acute, subacute, ambulatory, residential aged care and community services.
About the Role
A great opportunity exists for a clinical coder to join our successful rural health service. The successful candidate will enjoy the country lifestyle and will work as part of a close team environment.
To succeed in this position you will ideally possess the following skills:
- Completion of a recognised course in ICD-10-AM Clinical Coding, Case-mix and related activities.
- Clinical coding experience desirable including exposure to a variety of medical and surgical specialties.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A commitment to high quality medical records management.
The scope of this position will include health information tasks in both campuses of the organisation. Flexible hours will be discussed with the individual applicant’s preferences. As part of the selection process you will be required to undertake a clinical coding test.
Staff have access to supportive staff mentoring, education and development programs. Salary Packaging is available for all staff. The successful applicant will be required to provide a current satisfactory police check.
The position description provides further details on duties and responsibilities and essential criteria which suitable applicants will be shortlisted. GSHS may appoint to the position prior to the closing date, please apply as soon as possible.
Equity and Accessibility Commitment
GSHS embraces and welcomes applications from people from all walks of life, and we are committed to making it easy for you to come and work with us. We encourage you to apply regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, sexuality, family status, or gender identity. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply to join us. We are here for you if your need support throughout our recruitment process.