- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Permanent part-time position; possibility of full-time hours available towards the end of the year.
The primary purpose of this position is to classify inpatient episodes for Cairns & Hinterland Hospital & Health Service using the current edition of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision, Australian Modification (ICD10AM). The position will be responsible for computer entry of such codes within the Queensland Health designated timeframe following patient discharge.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with CHHHS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and work policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Analysis of medical record content for hospital inpatient episodes and abstraction of diagnoses, procedures and external causes of injury and poisoning using the current edition of ICD10AM and the associated Australian Coding Standards in a timely manner in accord with Queensland Health designated timeframes.
- Utilisation of the 3M CodeFinder software for diagnosis and procedure code assignment and computer entry of coded morbidity data onto HBCIS.
- Generation and monitoring of Outstanding Diagnoses Reports from the HBCIS computer system to ensure that morbidity data on all inpatient episodes is completed within the designated timeframe.
- Completion of appropriate electronic cancer registration according to guidelines.
- Participation in quality improvement and ongoing education activities relating to coding roles and practices.
- Liaison with health professionals to ensure clear and concise documentation of clinical data which facilitates the accurate coding of inpatient data.