- Posted by:
Clinical Coders/ HIM’s (FT/ PT/ Casual)
Onsite/ Hybrid, Victoria & NSW
Healthe Care is one of the leading private hospital operators in Australia, delivering clinical best practice and positive patient outcomes.
As part of an exciting period of rapid growth and change, multiple Clinical Coding roles are currently available across Victoria, NSW Central Coast and Newcastle.
Our coding teams are supported by onsite Managers and the Corporate HIS Audit team to provide ongoing feedback and coding education.
If you have a commitment to high quality coded data and enjoy a diverse case mix, we’d love to talk to you about joining our growing team.
We can offer a flexible work environment, including hybrid/remote work environment across some roles and competitive remuneration.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (HIM) or equivalent qualifications acceptable for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Familiarity with 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder
- Recent (2-3 years) experience in clinical coding in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of Casemix, Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) and Activity Based Management principles and an understanding of coded data quality initiatives
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to establish priorities to meet conflicting commitments/deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Previous audit experience
For information regarding applications and to submit your written application, contact:
National Health Information Manager
Australian Work Rights
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
Applications close Friday 18th November 2022.
Interviews (and appointments) may occur prior to closing date for the right applicants.