- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Position Title: Clinical Coding Auditor
Remuneration: $98 550 - $107 227 per annum
An opportunity has become available for several Clinical Coding Auditors to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 12 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Utilise appropriate resources and liaise with the Clinical Coding Educator and Clinical Coding Liaison to clarify information as required, including correction of inaccurate or incomplete information in the clinical record
- Employ a range of advance skills to code complex cases and act as a mentor for less experienced Clinical Coders
- Have highly developed knowledge of anatomy, clinical disease processes, medical practices, pharmacology, diagnostic and procedural terminology
- Identify needs for improvement in systems, procedures and strategies, applying relevant change once approved, and encourage staff to adapt to changes
To be successful in this position you will require:
- While not mandatory, completion of Diploma in Clinical Coding or relevant qualification as well as evidence extensive coding experience within a healthcare/tertiary healthcare facility, is highly desirable
- The ability to assign accurate morbidity and procedural classifications to episodes of care in accordance with ICD-10-AM, (current edition preferred), ACHI and Australian Coding Standards.
- High level computer skills in a range of systems, including relevant eHealth, clinical information systems and other software applications
- Evidence of vaccination and remain vaccinated against - COVID 19
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be completed
- Criminal History Screening will be required for new employees (GCH will cover cost)
- Flexible work options - Work from home opportunities available
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- 12.75% superannuation
- 17.5% leave loading
- Permanent full time (4 positions available)
- Base salary ranging from $98 550 - $107 227 per annum
The Strategy, Transformation and Major Capital division has been established to define, design, enhance delivery and sustainability of our most significant service improvement, digital and transformation opportunities. We also have a key role to play in research and innovation, in that our responsibilities will include developing internal understanding of key challenges and combining internal and external evidence to achieve sustainable service and organisation improvement. Based in Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Wednesday, 16 August 2023.
Gold Coast Health is committed to providing an accessible, inclusive work environment. Please contact the nominated person if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout this recruitment process.
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Bonita Bathurst on (07) 5687 3806
Job Ad Reference: GC502037
Application Details: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-GC502037
Closing Date: Wednesday, 16 August 2023