- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Clinical Coding Auditors
Summary (Purpose of the Role)
This role requires extensive clinical coding skills, with knowledge across a broad range of specialities and the ability to conduct the quality activities through auditing, data analysis and clinician liaison as required, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of inpatient morbidity data. Based in Southport.
For further information on our health service, please watch our corporate video:
An opportunity has become available for several Clinical Coding Auditors to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Utilise appropriate resources and liaise with the Clinical Coding Educator / Clinical Coding Liaison to clarify information as required, including correction of inaccurate or incomplete information in the clinical record
- Employ a range of advance skills to code complex cases and act as a mentor for less experienced Clinical Coders
- Have highly developed knowledge of anatomy, clinical disease processes, medical practices, pharmacology, diagnostic and procedural terminology
- Identify needs for improvement in systems, procedures and strategies, applying relevant change once approved, and encourage staff to adapt to changes
To be successful in this position you will require:
- While not mandatory, completion of Diploma in Clinical Coding or relevant qualification as well as evidence extensive coding experience within a healthcare/tertiary healthcare facility, is highly desirable
- The ability to assign accurate morbidity and procedural classifications to episodes of care in accordance with ICD-10-AM, (current edition preferred), ACHI and Australian Coding Standards.
- High level computer skills in a range of systems, including relevant eHealth, clinical information systems and other software applications
- Evidence of vaccination and remain vaccinated against - COVID 19
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be completed
- Flexible work options - Work from home opportunities available
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 5% leave loading
- Permanent full time (several positions available)
- Base salary ranging from $94 759 - $103 102 per annum
The Strategy, Transformation and Major Capital division has been established to define, design, enhance delivery and sustainability of our most significant service improvement, digital and transformation opportunities. We also have a key role to play in research and innovation, in that our responsibilities will include developing internal understanding of key challenges and combining internal and external evidence to achieve sustainable service and organisation improvement. Clinical Coding aims to align health funding to patient care through accurate coding of all diseases and procedures to ensure Gold Coast Health is accurately reimbursed for patient services provided. Based in Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Tuesday, 14 March 2023
Job Ad reference: GC472684
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE***
Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF file types are supported. Files must be a maximum of 2MB each.