- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Clinical Coding Supervisor
Bethesda Health Care, a values-based organisation with an enviable reputation, located on the gorgeous banks of the Derbarl Yerrigan (Swan River), has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Coding Supervisor to join the Finance & Support Services team.
About The Role
The Clinical Coding Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the clinical coding function of the hospital, ensuring the accurate clinical coding of all hospital admissions. This role is responsible for the continued education of the Clinical Coding team and adherence to all coding advice and rulings.
What You Need
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Clinical Coding role in a public or private setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of multidisciplinary medical terminology and clinical documentation
- Ability to maintain a positive audit culture and conduct internal Clinical Coding audits and reviews
- Ability to deliver education to the Clinical Coding team and Clinical staff
- Proficiency in patient administration systems and clinical coding classification systems
- Working knowledge of DRG case payment systems and related concepts
- Working knowledge of Health Information Service associated procedures and practices
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and the ability to take on constructive feedback
- Successful completion of a Certificate IV in Clinical Classification, a HIMAA (Health Information Management Association of Australia) Clinical Coding Course or Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- A commitment to working within a values and behaviour-based organisation
- Willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance
- Full working rights in Australia
About Bethesda Health Care
Bethesda Hospital is an 86-bed private, not-for-profit hospital with a strong reputation for high-quality care in surgery (Orthopaedics, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Gynaecology, General Surgery, and Pain Management) and is one of Perth’s leading inpatient Palliative Care Units. Our nine operating theatres have a high throughput, with most surgical cases performed as same-day admissions.
Bethesda Clinic, a 75 bed mental health care facility, is currently under development in Cockburn and will be the first service to provide people who reside south of the river with direct access to private mental health services. Psychiatry will be an additional specialty to our casemix from March 2023.
Bethesda Healthcare also provides Palliative Care consultancy to the community by MPaCCS, located in South Perth.
What can we offer?
$100,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Additional 10.5% superannuation
Flexible working hours to accommodate your work-life balance
Subsidised parking and staff meals
Encouraging and supportive leadership
How to Apply
For further information and confidential enquiries, please contact Roselyn Field, Health Information Manager on 9340 6375.
To view the job description, Click Here. To apply, please email your CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining your experience in relation to the position along with your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6th February 2023.
Please note that successful applicants will be contacted via phone or email. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an individual acknowledgement or feedback about your application if you are not shortlisted. We reserve the right to close applications before the specified closing date.