- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent – Part time (48 hours per fortnight)
- Located at The Alfred, 541 St Kilda Road
- Health Information Manager (HIM) Grade 2
- Great staff benefits
Our Coding & Casemix Department
Alfred Health is entering an exciting era with the implementation of 3M 360 Encompass System to integrate and automate clinical documentation integrity (CDI), medical records clinical coding and performance monitoring across all Alfred Health facilities. This advanced technology will enable Alfred Health to improve, query and monitor documentation for optimal coded data, increasing coding productivity, appropriate DRG capture and reimbursement, and actionable data to support the improvement of patient outcomes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Health Information Manager to join our Coding & Casemix Services Team as a Clinical Documentation Improvement Officer. We offer a flexible work environment (including working from home) and you will have the support of a great team of Health Information Managers/Clinical Coders and Senior Coders.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent and eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Minimum 5 years in a clinical coding related position
- Exceptional in both oral and written communication, skilled in relationship building, and possesses innovative problem-solving abilities
- Capable of leading and executing change, positively impacting clinical staff across all hierarchies
- Proficient in analysing, interpreting, and utilizing data to enhance documentation quality and identify specific areas for educational improvement
- Can effectively collaborate within a large team and work independently, determining priorities and organizing tasks for maximum efficiency
- Possesses current expertise in ICD-10-AM, ACS, VAED reporting and the National Funding Model
- Knowledge/experience with using an electronic medical record (EMR) and Cerner applications
- Knowledge/experience with using a patient administration system (iPM)
- Coding experience at a tertiary level
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in developing, designing and delivering education and training programs related to clinical coding
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to public transport
Please ensure you address the Key Selection criteria in your application.
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 28th January 2024
If you have any questions about the role please contact Janice Yeung, Manager - Coding & Casemix Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Malter, Health Information Manager - Clinical Documentation Improvement Lead at E.Malter@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.