- Posted by:
Cabrini is a Catholic charitable organisation inspired by the spirit and vision of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini and the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This order was founded by Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini who was canonised in 1946 and later proclaimed Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants. We are a community of care, reaching out with compassion, integrity, courage and respect to all we serve. With more than 4300 staff, 1000 accredited medical practitioners and several locations, we offer a range of employment opportunities to start, continue or advance your career.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Officers – 2 x positions available
Permanent full-time positions
Cabrini Malvern or Cabrini Brighton
Salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free each year, plus meal & entertainment card
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Officer is responsible for actively supporting the Clinical Documentation Integrity Program across Cabrini Health by utilising your extensive clinical knowledge, engagement and education skills to promote and embed documentation improvement.
There are two permanent full-time positions available, with part-time considered for the right candidate.
The role will work on wards utilising paper Medical Records and will be at either Cabrini Malvern or Cabrini Brighton on any given day.
The remuneration will be aligned to the skillset of the successful candidate, with above award rates on offer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Utilising your energy, passion and commitment you will positively engage with all members of the health care team, providing expert support and promotion of best practice documentation tips and techniques that are tailored to assist people working in busy environments.
- This role has a strong relationship focus across the breadth of Cabrini’s services – this includes involvement across the whole care continuum, quality assurance, funding compliance activities and directionally supports opportunities that reflect Cabrini’s strategic objectives and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Provide advice for the improvement of documentation across all specialties, ward areas and related departments. The role will engage with clinicians and clinical teams.
- Support the clinician engagement strategy that engages the medical staff and other health care professionals as necessary via written/verbal communication to improve the accurate and complete capture of all clinical documentation including information that supports appropriate code assignment/ DRG allocation and embeds change into practice.
- Through medical record review identify opportunities to ensure that co-morbidities/ complications are documented appropriately.
The ideal candidates will be nurses or health information/clinical coders and enjoy working with teams and are passionate about clinical information, accuracy, detail and ensuring performance improvement.
You will be a caring communicator and champion for written communication between patients to the care team and between the care team to all who interact with a patient’s Medical Record.
You will have:
- Appropriate qualifications commensurate with the position – tertiary qualification Nursing or Health Information Management and/or with experience in complex care needs, case mix management, DRGs and clinical coding or documentation improvement or similar.
- Current AHPRA registration where relevant.
- Recent private health sector experience across a diverse range of specialties.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology of disease processes.
- Highly developed understanding of Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking/analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
Desirable but not essential:
- Certification in Clinical Documentation Improvement, DRG Assurance training or auditing, or similar.
- Previous experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement.
Please note: Candidates that are applying to this position must be eligible to work in Australia full time, and be already located or intend to move to Melbourne.
To view the full position description click here.
Enquiries to: Group Director of Health Funding and Patient Services Cathy Ryan on 9508 5390, or leave a message with Executive Assistant Robyn Woodbridge on 9508 5326.
Closing date: 18 January 2023
- Highly competitive salary-packaging designed to increase your take home pay
- An inclusive workforce, invested in your professional growth and personal development
- Very competitive salary – negotiated contract
- Commitment to speaking up loudly for safety in the workplace
- Location close to public transport.