- Posted by: Andrea Gall
An exciting opportunity to use your expert coding, documentation and Activity Based Funding knowledge outside of Health Information Services. As a CDIS you will drive documentation improvement initiatives at the point of care to ensure best practice, patient safety and appropriate funding. The position will work closely with staff in clinical settings to provide advice, education and training to achieve optimal documentation for accurate clinical coding.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Permanent full time, based at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Classification, Health Information Manager Grade 2 or equivalent
- New CDI program at the Werribee Mercy campus which has a challenging and broad casemix
- Supported by a CDI Lead and the Coding Quality Manager
- Utilize Australian first 3M CDI software CDI Collaborate to capture CDI interventions in real time
- Daily review of inpatient medical records to proactively identify and manage documentation deficiencies
- Provide education to clinicians and develop resource material to address documentation issues
- Act as a conduit between coding team and clinicians to ensure documentation supports optimal coding
- Review Hospital Acquired Complication (HAC) documentation and coding
- Perform quality audits of coded data and provide feedback and education to the coding team
- Liaise as required with relevant Mercy Hospital for Women staff to ensure a consistent approach to documentation improvement initiatives at Mercy Health
- Minimum 2 years coding experience across a broad range of specialities or CDIS experience
- Previous CDIS experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills to effectively engage with clinicians
- High attention to detail and a passion for documentation improvement to support coding quality
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Amber Carlesso, Manager Coding Quality
- email@example.com, 8754 3622
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.