- Posted by: Andrea Gall
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated expert in clinical coding to join our team of Coding Advisors. Grade 3, ongoing full time.
- Contribute in delivering coding technical expertise and education to our large coding workforce
- We have the greatest variety of case mix in Victoria and a fully electronic medical record system
- Located at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton or Dandenong Hospital. Dandenong, Full Time ongoing - 40 hours per week with ADO or 38 hours without ADO including potential to work remotely part of these hours
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About The Role
We are looking for a highly motivated clinical coding professional to join our team of Coding Advisors. You will provide education and training to our clinical coders and support them with your technical expertise in coding.
We are passionate about coding quality and can offer a diverse and challenging Case mix within a rapidly growing Health Service in addition to job variety and professional development.
The right person will also have the opportunity to participate in coding portfolio responsibilities such as auditing, education and more.
On a personal level you:
- Enjoy training, mentoring and supporting coders
- Have a keen interest in coding, auditing and coding education
- Are looking for the variety that comes from a wide range of Case mix
- Are committed to your profession and enjoy working with a dedicated team
- Have a desire to further develop your interpersonal and leadership skills
What You Need:
You are a highly experienced Clinical Coder and can demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or Clinical Coder qualification and eligible for HIMAA membership
- A minimum of 7 years clinical coding experience using the current edition of ICD-10-AM
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all staff
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for coding quality
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply
What We Offer
- Electronic medical record
- Huge range of Case mix specialities include Cardiothoracic, Obstetrics and Neurosurgery
- Training, guidance and support from our highly experienced Coding Advisor team
- Flexible working arrangements including the potential to work remotely
- Staff benefits include generous salary packaging, staff gym, discounted health insurance, subsidised staff car parking, close to public transport and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration, salary packaging and Accrued Days Off
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required to complete a coding test to assess coding competency as a component of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via myGov.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.