- Posted by: Andrea Gall
The Coding and Advisory Support Specialist is responsible for providing product support to stakeholders who use Beamtree products and subject matter expertise as a Clinical Coder.
The role is full time. You will be able to work remotely (form QLD, NSW, VIC) or hybrid between home and our Beamtree HQ in Redfern, Sydney.
Who we are
For more than two decades, Beamtree have helped solve healthcare problems globally, by implementing technology in more than 1,000 locations around the world. We believe it all starts with better data and ends in better care – and for Beamtree, better has no limit.
Beamtree empower the learning health system by turning data into insights and actions through automation. Our focus is on high quality healthcare data to support clinical and management decision making, guide best practice and optimise performance and efficiency. We offer a range of solutions that specialise in coding automation and workflows, auditing, coding, revenue assurance, advisory services, clinical decision support and AI as well as national and global benchmarking.
What you’ll do
- Provide direct troubleshooting support to clients by liaising with specialist teams to achieve a resolution to product issues affecting clients.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of client enquiries through to resolution.
- Acquire and maintain a deep knowledge of Beamtree products and services to assist with product implementation including provision of client training.
- Provide clinical coding advice in relation to our coding and advisory products and assist in the development and maintenance of coding quality indicators.
- Undertake accurate clinical coding by interpreting and abstracting relevant clinical information from medical records and other clinical information systems.
- Adhere to the IHACPA guidelines whilst utilising the ICD-10-AM 12th edition, ACHI and ACS.
- Ensure accurate clinical coding assignment, in relation to which ever classification is being utilised, to meet compliance and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of Beamtree products.
- Assist in development and delivery of product training materials including release notes and/or other documentation as required for publication on various Beamtree communication mediums (e.g. public website, Support Centre portal, hardcopy documentation, etc.)
- Assist with development of procedural manuals, process flows, training material and software configuration for Beamtree products.
- Act as Product and Customer Support Lead when required.
Who you are
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Clinical Coding Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years clinical coding experience
- Previous customer service experience and strong focus on customer service
- Previous experience in providing training to clients / colleagues is desirable
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy pertinent to health information and clinical coding
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent activities of a diverse nature and set priorities to meet deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel as required to meet client needs
If you are a highly motivated clinical coding and customer service professional, with a passion for driving innovation in healthcare through the effective use of data, this could be the perfect role for you. Apply now and join our team!
Beamtree offers a dynamic, welcoming workplace culture supported by our core values and we continue to grow: Better has no limit.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a Beamtree coding test, and may be required to obtain a National Police Check.