- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Clinical Coding Auditor – Fixed Term Position
The Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) is seeking an experienced clinical coding auditor to join our Coding and Casemix team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly skilled professionals and contribute to the hospitals mission of advancing health for everyone, every day.
- Above award salary.
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home.
- Use of a world class Electronic Medical Record.
- Enjoy salary packaging, onsite discounted car parking and monthly ADOs.
- Centrally located at Royal Melbourne Hospital’s brand new modernised building on Elizabeth Street.
Your new team:
Our Health Information Managers are an exceptional team of professionals who are passionate about their work. They are committed to providing the highest quality clinical coding and working together as a supportive and inclusive team to make a positive impact on patient care. They value collaboration and strive to support each other in achieving goals.
Your new role:
Motivated Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders have an exciting opportunity to advance their careers by joining a prestigious, values-based organisation. You will be involved in:
- Auditing coded separations to ensure assigned diagnosis and procedure codes are valid, accurate and complete.
- Provide audit education to the coding team on identified areas for improvement
- Participate in external coding/casemix audits as required
- Coding challenging and varied casemix
You have completed a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent, as well as:
- A minimum of 6 years post graduate experience in a clinical coding position, preferably at tertiary level.
- Demonstrated experience of expert auditing and coding of complex inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM & ACHI.
- Thorough understanding of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset and the Policy and Funding Guidelines - Victorian Public Hospitals, Victorian Criteria for Reporting and DRG grouper logic.
- Proven ability to independently interpret and analyse coding advice and correctly apply to a varied casemix.
Benefit of working with the Royal Melbourne Hospital:
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team.
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.