- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Coding Auditor- Education/ training lead – Healthe Care Group (part-time)
Are you a skilled clinical coder with a passion for mentoring and training?
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Health Information Managers/ Clinical Coders with coding training and education experience to join our Health Information Services Corporate team and play an integral role in supporting our organisation within the clinical coding education space.
Based at the corporate office in Glen Waverley, Vic, and reporting to the National Health Information Manager, the HIS Corporate team support a network of amazing HIM’s and clinical coders across several states. The corporate team perform audit, training, and education activities to ensure clinical coding and documentation are of a high standard and reported data reflects patient acuity and resource utilisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of clinical coding training program
- Oversee the training and mentorship of Healthe Care coders
- Provide advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National /State Coding Advice
- Conduct quality audits across all sites and perform data analysis across coded data to guide and inform education delivery
- Identify/organise training and education opportunities with the support of HIS Corporate team
- Assist with pre-billing audits as part of the Revenue Assurance processes across all sites.
- Health Information Management degree/ Cert IV in Clinical Classification or Diploma of Clinical Coding with extensive Clinical Coding and audit experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to share your knowledge and develop and encourage others
- Experience with development and monitoring of clinical coding training programs
- Recent experience in providing supportive coding feedback/ mentoring
- Recent experience in audits supporting coding quality, documentation improvement and revenue optimisation
- Competent with navigating new IT platforms and software, patient administration systems and operating in a scanned record environment.
- Eligible for HIMAA registration
- Are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
Outstanding candidates may be appointed prior to application close date
Call today for a confidential discussion about the role