- Posted by:
- An exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Health Information Manager looking to further their career.
- Competitive salary + salary packaging benefits + monthly ADO!
- Work in a great team environment, add value to the community and make a difference through process improvement
- We offer flexible work, with both onsite and remote working arrangements
Your new team
- We are a team working together to accurately code inpatient episodes, by applying ICD-10-AM classification guidelines, in accordance with Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
- We enjoy a collaborative working environment by maximising productivity with an even distribution of encounters among all members in our team. The outcome is to consolidate and maintain our coding knowledge of all RMH specialties
- In return, you will be supported by three experienced Coding Auditor Educators, the Senior Coding Auditor Educator, the Coding Operations Supervisor and the Coding and Casemix Manager
Your new role
Reporting to the Coding and Casemix Manager, you will be part of a team of three Coding Auditor/Educators and a Senior Coding Auditor/Educator responsible for coding training in Melbourne Health inpatient casemix, auditing, coding and provision of coding and casemix education to the wider Melbourne Health workforce.
You will apply expert knowledge of software tools, abstraction of clinical information, coding and DRG classification and standards, legislative and DHHS requirements, statutory reporting and casemix principles to:
- Identify and conduct targeted Coding and Casemix audits of inpatient episodes
- Provide education to the Coding Team and others within the organisation
- Train new members of the Coding and Casemix Team in Melbourne Health documentation and casemix on a Unit by Unit basis, signing off on each Unit once the trainee has reached expected standards (usually a 12 month programme) including orientation programme
- Mentor and assist in training, education and auditing of both new coding staff and existing staff
- Achieve consistency of the application of coding advice whilst training and auditing our coding teams encounters
- Ensure the 3M Codefinder software notes are maintained and reflect current classification advice
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- 3 years post graduate experience in a clinical coding position in a tertiary hospital
- Business planning experience and ability to set and meet strategic goals
- Previous staff management, training and education experience
- Leadership qualities and project experience
- Demonstrated experience of accurate coding of complex inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM and ACHI
- Expert knowledge of Australian and Victorian Coding Standards and the ICD-10-AM and ACHI classification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Benefits of working with RMH
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging options, onsite car parking, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.