- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Health Care has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join the Hospitals Operations HIM Team.
As a Coding Auditor/Educator you will be responsible for completion of coding audits and provision of coding education to all SJG Hospitals to ensure accurate ICD-10-AM code assignment for data quality, benchmarking and funding. This position is also responsible for conducting and participating in audits based on health fund contracts, and the development of a contemporary coding education framework.
Based in Victoria or Perth, we have a permanent position available in either a part-time or fulltime capacity, with working hours negotiated with the successful applicant. This position is offered with a hybrid working from home arrangement with access to an office in Melbourne (St Kilda Rd) and Perth CBD.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission & Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent tertiary qualification) or Clinical Coding qualification.
- Eligible for full HIMAA membership
- A minimum of five years’ experience coding preferably at a tertiary level hospital.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required, knowledge of PC applications e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Experience in reviewing / auditing clinical coding.
- Experience using the current ICD-10-AM Edition in the Australian Health Sector.
- An understanding of Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs).
- Ability to travel to SJCHC sites in Victoria, Western Australia and New South Wales as required.
- Salary $115,405 to $128,198 + 11% Superannuation
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, rent, meal entertainment, holiday accommodation or other everyday living expenses as well as options to salary package benefits above the FBT cap on items such as:
- Novated leasing
- work related expenses
- self-education and
- additional superannuation
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Various corporate discounts & benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) Coding Educator_Auditor Hospitals, Group Services.pdf
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
For enquiries about this position please contact Megan Graham, Patient Revenue Optimisation Manager on 0438 880 924
Applications close 17 July 2023