- Posted by:
CODING COORDINATOR – NATIONAL FUNDING MODEL
- Health Information Services
- Permanent Full Time with Monthly ADO
- Generous Salary Packaging and Employee Benefits
- Flexible working arrangements and opportunity to work from home are available
About the role
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest metropolitan public health services. We provide a range of emergency, medical and general healthcare services, obstetrics, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, state-wide specialist services and community health services to Melbourne’s diverse eastern community. Eastern Health is continuing to grow with the recent announcement of the acquisition of Blackburn Public Surgical Centre.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Health Information Manager to join the Eastern Health Coding Management Team. This position will support the organisation in the adoption of the National Funding Model through the provision of education of the funding streams and the link to patient classification systems, undertake data quality review, identify opportunity for improvement, close liaison with the clinical costing team and key stakeholders. Clinical Coding is also forms a component of this role.
- Develop and provide education on the National Activity Based Funding Model with a focus on the all funding classifications and application within Eastern Health
- Develop and provide education on impact of ICD-10-AM edition updates and AR-DRG version changes
- Monitor impact of value based care programs e.g. HAC data on ABF model at EH and identify opportunity for improvements across all funding streams
- Assist in the identification and resolution of data quality issues that impact on the integrity of information used within the funding model
- Assist the clinical costing analyst to identify opportunities to improve revenue streams
- Lead project and research opportunities related to Health Information and ABF
- Assist with the data governance pertinent to Activity Based Funding
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent tertiary qualification) or Clinical Coding qualification
- Eligible for full membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in coding and case mix data collection
- Comprehensive knowledge of current ICD-10-AM coding standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Commitment to quality and ongoing education
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels
- Ability to identify problems and suggest a solution
- Ability to determine priorities, achieve targets, meet deadlines and adapt to change
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good understanding of the current National Activity Based Funding model and the Victorian application in public hospitals across all funding streams
- Experience in using a scanned medical record
- Experience in using an electronic medical record
- Strong computer literacy
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**