- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you an experienced or aspiring Coding Educator/Auditor looking for variety? Mercy Health has an exciting opportunity for a Coding Educator to join the friendly Coding Quality Team supporting coders at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg. We are passionate about coding quality and documentation improvement to support accurate coding and patient care. Job variety and professional development is guaranteed with Educators having responsibility for coding audits, training units, education development and projects as they arise.
- Grade 3
- Permanent part-time (3 days per week)
- Cross campus role. Base site negotiable with flexible hours and remote work component
- Conduct coding audits across all specialties/sites to ensure accuracy and optimal funding
- Support trainee coders and provide ongoing education for the coding team
- Diverse and challenging casemix including NICU and ICU
- Commitment to upskill the successful candidate
- Supported by a friendly team of Coding Educators and a Senior Clinical Coder
- Walking distance from Hoppers Crossing and Heidelberg train stations
- Minimum 3 years coding experience, ideally with exposure to a diverse casemix
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM Australian Coding Standards and Casemix Funding principles
- Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualifications in Health Information Management
- Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- High attention to detail and a passion for coding quality
Mercy Hospitals Victoria Ltd incorporates:
- Mercy Hospital for Women, a major public hospital and specialist referral centre for obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological needs.
- Werribee Mercy Hospital, a general hospital providing comprehensive care to the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. This hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects already underway and in planning.
- Mercy Mental Health provides adult mental health services across the south west Melbourne area
- Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Amber Carlesso, Manager Coding Quality
- email@example.com and 8754 3612
To view the position description or submit your application please click here.