- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Mercy Health has an exciting opportunity for a Coding Educator to join the friendly Coding Quality Team supporting coders at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg. We are passionate about coding quality and documentation improvement to support accurate coding and patient care. Job variety and professional development is guaranteed with Educators having responsibility for coding audits, training units, education development and projects as they arise.
• Grade 3
• Permanent full time (job share considered)
• Flexible site, choose either Heidelberg or Werribee with remote cross campus work and work from home
• Conduct coding audits across all 20 specialties to ensure accuracy and optimal funding
• Support trainee coders and provide ongoing education for the coding team
• Diverse and challenging casemix including NICU and ICU
• Rapid expansion of Werribee Mercy Hospital
• Work closely with the Clinical Documentation Improvement team and Australian first CDI software 3M CDI Collaborate
• Commitment to upskill the successful candidate
• Supported by a friendly team of Coding Educators and a Senior Clinical Coder
• Walking distance from Hoppers Crossing and Heidelberg train stations
Quote from Mercy Coding Educator Lisa
"My role as a Coding Educator & Auditor at Mercy is fun, challenging and never dull. I have a lot of variety in my role being able to audit, provide education as well as reporting on coding related statistics across Mercy sites. My manager allocates me tasks that complement my strengths and interests which I really appreciate. I am lucky enough to work with amazing people in my immediate team, as well as HIS as a whole. There are many opportunities to expand and learn new skills in the Coding Quality Team. There are some exciting coding related projects beginning in the near future which will keep my job interesting”
• Minimum 3 years coding experience, ideally with exposure to a diverse casemix
• Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM Australian Coding Standards and National Funding Model principles
• Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualifications in Health Information Management
• Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
• High attention to detail and a passion for coding quality
Mercy Hospitals Victoria Ltd incorporates:
• Mercy Hospital for Women, a major public hospital and specialist referral centre for obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological needs.
• Werribee Mercy Hospital, a general hospital providing comprehensive care to the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. This hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects already underway and in planning.
• Mercy Mental Health provides adult mental health services across the south west Melbourne area
• Mercy Palliative Care, a community-based palliative care service offering support in the North and West Metropolitan Region of Melbourne.
• O’Connell Family Centre, one of three early parenting centres in Victoria
• Mercy Health Albury, a major provider of subacute (general) health services in the Albury–Wodonga and surrounding areas
• Mercy Care Centre Young, a 26-bed health service providing a range of outpatient, community health and aged care services for the people of Young and surrounding regions
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
• caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
• encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
• protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
• taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
• offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
• Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
• Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
• Amber Carlesso, Manager Coding Quality
• email@example.com, 8754 3622
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.