- Posted by:
CODING EDUCATOR/CLINICAL CODER
About iMedX comprehensive
Since its inception in 2002, iMedX has been recognised as one of the leading business partners in the healthcare industry. iMedX’s success stems from our experienced in-house team who are able to provide a broad range of services to our clients across coding, auditing, education and clinical documentation improvement.
About the Role
We are seeking to further expand our Coding Team and have a permanent role available for an experienced Coding Educator/Clinical Coder. Aside from clinical coding, this position is responsible for assisting in the planning, design, development, implementation and delivery of training and education activities to our external clients and internally to our team. This role will primarily work remotely from home, but there will be occasions where this role will require work to be completed on-site at client locations.
To be successful in this Role
Our successful candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent tertiary qualification. Evidence of further education and/or experience in internal/external auditing. Eligible for full HIMAA membership.
- Minimum of 5 years coding experience including at a Tertiary hospital is preferable.
- Demonstrated high level experience and coding competency using ICD-10-AM and ACHI with a thorough understanding of the Australian Coding Standards, DRGs, Activity Based Funding models and admission criteria. Comprehensive knowledge of National and State coding rules and advice.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, designing and delivering education and training programs related to clinical coding.
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, clear and sufficiently detailed educational resources.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with a strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a positive, detail orientated person with previous experience in an Educator/Coder role. Minimum 5 years coding experience, including in a tertiary level setting with broad casemix.
- You will have excellent organisational and communication skills (written and verbal), strong presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Importantly you will be passionate about what you do, contribute and work well as part of a virtual team and be able to work independently.
What can we offer you?
- Above industry standard salaries
- Bi-annual coder conference events (internal)
- Working from home
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunity to work across a broad range of health services, public and private, in Australia and New Zealand
- Exposure to a broad range of casemix and complexity
- Career progression and opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative environment