- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Full time 80 hours per fortnight - including monthly ADO
Fixed Term 12 months from November 2023 (Parental Leave cover)
Grade 3 Health Information Manager
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
The Dataset Manager is responsible for the staff and functions of the Ballarat Dataset team. The role will manage resources and implement standardised controls and processes to ensure data integrity, accuracy and timely submission of statutory datasets.
Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, set clear and reasonable goals and KPIs for the Dataset Team.
- People management, including recruitment, rostering, staff development and performance
- Management of Dataset Unit resources to meet all requirements and deadlines including upskilling HIM Data Managers across multiple datasets to provide redundancy.
- Build and maintain relationships with all levels of staff within the organization with respect to statutory datasets.
Dataset and Statutory Reporting Management
- Coordination of the submission and reconciliation of all statutory data reporting within published deadlines
- Establish and maintain standardised controls and processes to ensure data integrity and compliance with VAHI Data Integrity Guidelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in identifying the business requirements relating to statutory data sets, including enhancements, upgrades and functionality.
- Provide expert advice to the business regarding statutory data and datasets
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Health Information Manager or experienced Data Manager
- Experience in managing a mandatory dataset
- Excellent analytical ability: ability to collate, analyse and present information to varying audience
- Ability to critically evaluate data quality and seek opportunities to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Pauline Basilio, Director Health Information Services on 0422 115 201 / 03 5320 4861 / firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.