- Posted by: Andrea Gall
- Full time position based at Knox
- Supportive management team
- Utilise your people skills to support and mentor HIS team
Are you a skilled people leader with excellent time management and problem solving capabilities? Or are you looking to make the next move in your health information services careers? An exciting opportunity has become available for a Deputy Chief Health Information Manager to join our leadership team at Knox Private Hospital.
You will bring extensive clinical coding experience, competent decision making skill as well as demonstrated people management experience to the role.
As a Deputy Chief Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Chief HIM in the management of the Medical Records Department
- Provide continuous mentoring and education to the coding staff
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
Located in Wantirna, Knox Private Hospital is a 248 bed, fully accredited tertiary facility providing Emergency Services, Extensive Surgical Specialities, 20 bed ICU/CCU, Medical, and a full range of Cardiac Services including two 24-hour Cardiac Catheter Laboratories.
Our 17 theatres include a Day Procedure Centre, Hybrid Theatre and supports a range of acute specialties including General, Endoscopy, Colorectal, Bariatric & Liver surgery, advanced laparoscopic procedures, Cardiac, Neuro, Orthopaedic, Plastic & Reconstructive surgery, Gynaecology, Urology, Vascular, ENT & Paediatric surgery.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Senior clinical coder experience
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Proven experience in clinical coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.
Applications close: 13th March 2023
For further enquiries: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.