- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Summary of the role:
The Director Digital Health is a new position at Mercy Health that oversees the planning and implementation of Digital Health initiatives across the organisation. This position is a full time fixed term Maternity leave position.
As Director Digital Health, it will be your responsibility to:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Digital health team
- Work with key stakeholders in the establishment and continuous monitoring of goals and objectives of the Digital Health Strategy
- Work closely with our clinicians and other key stakeholders to identify digital health priorities to improve efficiency and patient care.
- Ensure projects are delivered within agreed timeframes and budget
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of new digital applications and the change to existing systems
- Progress the organisation towards an Electronic Medical Record
- Explore and implement innovative uses of Digital Health solutions to enhance client-facing services.
- Provide expert advice on current Digital Health Solutions
- Commitment to the Mercy values
- Bachelor of Health Information Management, or equivalent experience in Digital Health
- Have extensive experience in managing digital health solutions in a health care setting.
- Experience in managing projects and leading teams across a large and diverse organisation
- Experience in change management and the successful implementation of projects
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead an internal team and cross functional project teams
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women's health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Shane Sanfilippo, Director Corporate Services
- EML: SSanfilippo@mercy.com.au
- PH: 0466 806 417
To view the position description or submit your application please click here: