- Posted by:
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network - Various Locations
- Salary ASO-7 $103,387/$111,759
- Permanent full-time
The Documentation Improvement Advisor is responsible for managing the overall quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of clinical documentation in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), by:
- Educating and guiding multidisciplinary clinical and non-clinical staff on activity-based funding models, NEP & NWAU allocation based on DRG assignment for appropriate reimbursement of revenue
- Leading on, providing guidance regarding and compliance on adherence to National Safety & Quality Health Service Standards relevant to clinical documentation to support delivery of high-quality patient care
- Advising on use of clinical language that supports accurate clinical code assignment to ensure service acuity is completely captured for data analysis used for high-level reporting and clinical service planning
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist qualification or equivalent
- Bachelor / Masters in: Health Information Management / Nursing / Allied Health or equivalent
- Diploma of Nursing
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 798484
Applications close: Friday 8 July 2022
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 798484
+61 8 8222 7458