- Posted by: Andrea Gall
We are seeking highly motivated and dedicated Health Information Managers/Clinical Coders to join our expanding Coding and Casemix team at Ramsay Health Care.
If you are looking to join the coding workforce, utilise and expand on your education in clinical classification and have a desire to actively contribute to a highly proficient Coding and Casemix Team, join us at Ramsay Health Care.
The successful applicant/s will participate in a graduated approach to Ramsay Health Care’s Coding Induction Program. This will include both supported education and training by Ramsay Health Care’s Coding Educators as well as periods of independent live coding. They will be joining a dedicated and highly competent team of Health Information Managers/Clinical Coders.
The successful applicant/s will code from a paper medical record and will strive for the achievement of high quality coded data, maintaining compliance with reporting requirements, demonstrating a commitment to continued service improvement and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Responsibilities of this position includes:
- Accurately coding, indexing and grouping episodes using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and the Australian Coding Standards utilising 3M Codefinder software
- Ensuring all records are coded within specified timeframes
- Participating in quality and education activities including Internal Coding Audit processes
- Attending and actively participate at coding meetings and education sessions.
Skills & Experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Health Information Management or Certificate IV in Clinical Classification or equivalent (applicants who have completed the HIMAA coding course or equivalent will also be considered)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and successfully demonstrate application of acquired learnings
All applications are required to be submitted online.
As a part of Ramsay Health Care’s ongoing response to the pandemic and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the community, successful applicants are required to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation prior to commencement.