- Posted by:
u&u Recruitment Partners are proud to be partnering exclusively with one of Australia's leading Health Services organisations to recruit a Group Health Information Manager to join their Hospitals Leadership Team. This is a full-time permanent position based in Brisbane's CBD with flexible working arrangements available.
In this role you will lead and accept responsibility for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the provision of health information services across several major hospitals, including; Medical Records management, clinical data management and Health Information Access services in both a paper and digital environment.
As the Group Health Information Manager, you will lead and inspire a team of Health Information Specialists and Clinical Forms Coordinators who monitor coding resources at hospitals to develop / maintain a strong well educated and appropriately resourced coder workforce capable of achieving high quality and timely output.
About the Role
- Lead the strategic and operational planning of Health Information Services.
- Develop the framework and systems within which Health Information Services will operate.
- Plan and evaluate the operational management of all facets of health information management including Clinical Records, clinical data and Health Information Access services.
- Prepare and review strategic and operational HIM plans with the other Senior Leaders and revenue team members.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the hospital executive teams, using key performance indicators to identify trends and opportunities, facilitating work groups, and implementing improvements in performance and outcomes.
- Work with the internal Technology function to promote and implement the Digital Medical Record, system updates and integration of new technology as needed.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction, in conjunction with the Hospital Leadership teams, to the health information workforce.
- High-level knowledge and understanding of developments in health information/records management to enable the provision of expert advice to the Executive and clinicians on matters relating to health information management and patient/clinical information systems.
- High level analytical skills, including a proven ability to quickly analyse and understand complex health information, business processes and concepts.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the capacity to successfully manage several tasks concurrently to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in building strong, productive working relationships to contribute to strong business performance and growth, and the best possible standard of patient care.
- Strong knowledge of legislation, regulations and other guidelines which impact on the operation and functions of patient data collection and reporting, including privacy guidelines, release of information and confidentiality.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management and equivalent experience in a similar role for 8 - 10 years.
- Eligibility for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
How to Apply
If you have a proven background taking ownership of Health Information functions, in particular Medical Records and Clinical Data - I would love to discuss your application in more detail.