- Posted by: Andrea Gall
For more than two decades, Beamtree have helped solve healthcare problems globally, by implementing technology in more than 1,000 locations around the world. We believe it all starts with better data and ends in better care – and for Beamtree, better has no limit.
Beamtree empower the learning health system by turning data into insights and actions through automation. Our focus is on high quality healthcare data to support clinical and management decision making, guide best practice and optimise performance and efficiency. We offer a range of solutions that specialise in coding automation and workflows, auditing, coding, revenue assurance, advisory services, clinical decision support and AI as well as national and global benchmarking.
As our offering continues to expand, we’re looking for a passionate Health Information Governance Manager to join our Knowledge Networks team, responsible for ensuring accurate health information collection and use for analysis, reporting and benchmarking.
Ideally, we'd love for our new Health Information Governance Manager to be Sydney based working between our Redfern HQ and your home office (if desired) but will consider applicants based elsewhere in Australia for a fully remote role.
This role will be responsible for:
- Being the principal owner of our Meta Data Registry and accountable for its ongoing development and maintenance
- Ensuring health information collected and used by Knowledge Networks is accurate and up to date with the relevant classifications such as ICD-10-AM Coding, DRG Grouping versions, IHACPA Funding Models and other classifications such as AN-SNAP, CHADx, CHBOI.
- Undertaking training for internal and external key stakeholders on the use of the Meta Data Registry
- Ensuring data specifications are updated and are in line with Industry updates and releases.
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures relating to data governance, including requests for secondary use of data.
- Managing the content of reference information within the organisations databases.
- Planning and scheduling updates to key reference information such as DRG, ICD and ACHI tables.
- Continuous improvement of processes around information management with regards to governance, efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Supporting product development, marketing and research and development.
You’ll ideally bring with you:
- A degree qualification in Health Information Management, or equivalent
- 3-5+ years experience in a relevant health information and governance role.
- Demonstrated experience with hospital safety and quality indicators.
- Previous experience leading development and maintenance of indicator management.
- Demonstrated experience with Australian health classification standards and Australian Coding Standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders to develop standards, indicators or other areas of health information.
- Good understanding and application of the Australian Privacy Principles
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills, ability to work independently and within a team.
If you’re passionate about health information and have a desire to make a positive impact through your important contribution to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now.