- Posted by: Andrea Gall
- Part-time / Full-time / Casual
- Casual positions will also be considered
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home
About the Role
This position works within Health Information Services, alongside 26 other Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders. SVHM utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix - CPF) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record.
- Classification of patient episodes using ICD-10-AM and AR-DRG classification in accordance with Australian Coding Standards and Victorian Guidelines
- Participate in ensuring all internal and external coding reporting deadlines are achieved
- Complete the cancer registration process for all relevant cancer patients at the time of coding
- Participate in quality coding audits, including review of PICQ and RISQ flagged coding edits
Classifications for this position will range from JA7 - JB1 ($86,730 - $99,699 per annum pro rata)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Health Information Management or recognised Clinical Coding qualification
- Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience tertiary hospital casemix (desirable)
- Understanding of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset (VAED), the Policy and Funding Guidelines and the VAED Criteria for Reporting (desirable)
- Understanding of the Victorian Emergency Minimum Dataset (VEMD) (desirable)
- Understanding of the Elective Surgery Information System (ESIS) (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in use of 3M Codefinder software
- Current National Criminal History Check, or willing to obtain
What We Offer
- A focus on wellbeing initiatives, with regular events and programs
- Confidential, solutions-focused employee counselling
- A healthy work/life balance encouraged. Full time employment comes with a monthly Accrued Day Off (additional day off per month!)
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take home pay!
- In the heart of Fitzroy, CBD at our doorstep, close to some of Melbourne’s best cafes, public transport and lots of carparks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Regular opportunities for professional development to assist you to reach your career goals
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Flexible working arrangements
About the Health Information Services Team
Join this well-established team with a renewed focus on creating ‘the best place to work for outstanding people’ through SVHA People Strategy. SVHM not only offers flexible work arrangements, but recognises wellbeing and work life balance; supporting individual arrangements that work best for both SVHM and our employees.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, SVHM offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU. Our coding team say this is one of the best parts of working at SVHM.
A commitment to continuous improvement, SVHM is also actively advancing education and technology to support our coding and audit work and progressing transition to Electronic Medical Record (EMR). SVHM has also recently introduced 3M Codefinder software, PICQ and RISQ.
You will be supported in your role by a friendly, experienced, supportive team of 26 HIMs/Clinical coders, coding educators and coding auditors.
Successful applicants will have opportunity to work remotely or from our lovely department on Gertrude Street, Fitzroy.
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.