- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Appointment
- Full time (80 hours per fortnight + ADO)
- Health Information Manager Grade 2
- Located at Alfred Health
Health Information Services
Health Information Services provides medical record, document scanning, casemix and coding services across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals.
This position provides an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Health Information Manager to join the Health Information Services team, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals.
Caulfield & Sandringham Hospitals provide a wide range of health care services to inpatients, emergency and outpatients for acute, rehabilitation, psychiatric, sub-acute care, and community and regional health services. The position will contriubte to coding across all sites of Alfred Health, as well as engage in the more traditional HIM roles & responsibilities. As Alfred Health progresses with the development and implementation of 3M 360 Encompass System, the HIM will join the team to be the first to experience this exciting new coding platform.
Key requirements and responsibilities of this position includes; casemix, coding, general supervision of HIS clerical processes, PRS2 reporting, medico-legal processing and clinical and performance indicators.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Coding experience with sound understanding of current Australian Coding Standards
- Eligibility for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Experience coding with 3M Codefinder
- ICD-10-AM coding experience in the workplace
- Understanding of acute and subacute health care services and reporting requirements
- Experience using Cerner Applications and iPM
- Experience with general office procedures within a Health Information Services
- Salary Packaing
- Discount Health Insurance
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
All enquires to Stephanie Hobson, Manager, Health Information Services on 0414 792 662
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Wednesday 27th September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.