- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager - Horsham
Grampians Health - Horsham location
Permanent Full time, 80 hours per fortnight (with monthly ADO)
Health Information Manager Grade 1
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
Responsibilities of this role include statutory dataset management and reporting across West campuses and contracted health services. The role will also include record and forms management, release of information and application support including iPM and BOSSnet (Opal).
Digital Medical Record (DMR) Scanning
- Assist with scanning practice/processes across West campuses.
Record and Forms Management
- Manage processes relating to paper medical records management
- Assist with local requests for new and modified medical record forms.
Information management and sharing
- Assist with requests for health information and access to records to support continuity of care whilst protecting patient privacy.
- Assist with patient management systems and clinical information systems such as iPM and BOSSnet in conjunction with the Applications Team.
Statutory Dataset Management and Reporting
- Undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle for Statutory Datasets as directed by Manager.
- Assist with standard and ad hoc requests for reporting and analysis of data
- Fulfil service requirements of contracts with Grampians Region hospitals as required, including coding.
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified Health Information Manager
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills, with the ability to communicate across a broad range of stakeholders and form successful relationships
- Proven experience in logical problem solving that identifies and implements workable solutions
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Experience with Patient Information Systems and Digital/Electronic Medical Record systems
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Discounted on-site parking
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
Ballarat is the largest centre in Western Victoria and the states fastest growing inland city. Dubbed Australia’s most liveable city in 2020, Ballarat is home to first class education, fine dining and boutique shopping. Uniquely located within easy access to Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and the Western district, Ballarat is blessed with some of Australia’s most significant heritage buildings and natural landscapes.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Briana Farr on 03 5381 9303 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.