- Posted by:
Two full time positions:
Health Information Manager - The Wesley Hospital
Health Information Manager - Buderim Private Hospital
We're currently seeking experienced Health Information Managers for opportunities at both The Wesley Hospital and Buderim Private Hospital, leading the operational management of our Health Information Services.
UnitingCare operate one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland and are proud to deliver a range of specialist healthcare services out of our four unique hospitals; The Wesley, St Andrew’s War Memorial, Buderim Private and St Stephens, Hervey Bay.
Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and their families. We differentiate ourselves by living out our values to optimise patient care and experience through committed and inspired leadership and the dedication of our staff.
The Health Information Manager will lead and accept responsibility for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the provision of health information services at the Wesley Hospital or Buderim Private Hospital. You will lead and direct a small team and your span will include medical records management, clinical data management, and Health Information Access services in both a paper and digital environment.
As a key stakeholder in promoting our UnitingCare Digital Strategy, your knowledge and understanding of developments in health information/records management and industry best practice will enable you to provide expert advice and direction on matters relating to health information management and patient/clinical information systems. Your skills and experience in leadership have equipped you with exceptional interpersonal skills, enabling you to build strong, effective relationships, both within your team and externally, enabling you to drive initiatives and targets to completion.
Ensuring Australian Privacy Principles are applied to the management of the medical records, managing ROI and Medico Legal matters, effectively managing staff rosters and information reporting both statutory and ad-hoc requests are key functions of these roles.
These roles will also see you investigate, analyse and interpret industry trends and developments and ensure clinical documentation meets Australian standards and compliance with health fund requirements.
To be successful you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI, ACS and AR-DRGs
- Working knowledge of patient data collections, storage, management and analysis, including legislative requirements, national standards, quality standards and policy, with the ability to provide advice on such matters
- An ability to perform effective data analysis and reporting of health information
- Ability to undertake research activities, develop and provide options and recommendations, resolve problems, and document and communicate decisions in relation to clinical documentation quality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Cerner Patient Systems and SAP Billing
- Advanced critical analysis, time management and prioritisation skills with an ability to remain focused in a busy environment
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership abilities or demonstrated leadership potential and relevant technical skills
What we offer:
Together with Buderim Private Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, we are part of UnitingCare, the largest not-for-profit provider of healthcare and community services in the state, and home to over 17, 000 employees and 9, 000 volunteers.
Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and their families. We differentiate ourselves by living out our values to optimise patient care and experience through committed and inspired leadership and the dedication of our people. We believe in rewarding and recognising our people through:
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, including family-friendly rostering
- Increase your take-home pay with not-for-profit salary packaging options of $15, 900
- Employee Referral Program, refer someone to any UnitingCare Hospital, and when they are successful you’ll receive a $1,500 reward
- Professional development, through Graduate Certificates, skills development courses, bursaries, grants and partnerships with leading Universities
- Extensive career progression opportunities across our hospital group
- One-on-one support from pastoral care team & employee assistance programs
- Access to Inspire portal – discounts on hundreds of retailers, travel & accommodation providers
- Hospital admissions discounts as well as discounted health insurance & gym memberships
For more information on staff benefits and professional development visit: https://www.wesley.com.au/about-us/careers-and-placements/employee-benefits-and-rewards
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at Uniting Care Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and Uniting Care's vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet Uniting Care's mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.
Our approach is simple – everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care.
UnitingCare as part of our commitment to reconciliation and building long term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, would strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position. You can learn more about UnitingCare's Reconciliation Action Plan here.