- Posted by:
What makes us, us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of more than 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
• Good people: We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
• Wellbeing experts: Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
• Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
• Driving positive impact: Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest
The Health Information Manager will work as part of a team of subject-matter experts aiming to minimise the inappropriate payment of benefits, and therefore keep health insurance affordable for our members.
As a Health Information Officer at AU your responsibilities will include;
• conducting pre- and post-payment hospital and medical claims audits to ensure compliance with Australian Coding Standards, hospital contracting arrangements and industry guidelines and seek recoveries where necessary
• providing accurate advice on relevant clinical coding / DRG and relevant contracting matters to internal and external stakeholders to allow for informed decisions to be made on hospital and medical claim payment issues.
• performing onsite coding audits of targeted hospitals and claims reviews through use of the HIBIS software and AU claims alert tool.
• using expert knowledge/experience to provide broader business support as required
You will bring to the position:
• Degree Qualification in Health Information Management
• At least 2 years post-graduate experience in a clinical coding position, preferably at tertiary level
• Current coding experience with ICD-10-AM/ACHI using 3M Codefinder and Grouper
• Sound knowledge of DRGs and Casemix funding/models
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of project management and/or process improvement activities at a business unit or organisational level
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate persuasively
• Experience in Private Health Insurance industry desirable
Our people make a real difference in the wellbeing of customers and members every day. Our ambition to be the most trusted wellbeing company in Australia therefore means that wellbeing starts with our people. Our credentials in wellbeing stretch back more than 180 years.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, customers and community, Australian Unity requires that all employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of entry of any Australian Unity workplace. In order to progress your application, you will need to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, proof of booking for the COVID-19 vaccination, or medical exemption certificate from a registered medical practitioner. Thank you for your understanding.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
For a discussion in confidence about this opportunity, please contact Meg Andrews, Talent Acquisition at MAndrews@australianunity.com.au | www.australianunity.com.au/careers